Exercise more. Eat Better. Slow down.
Today, everyone seems to be striving to live a healthier lifestyle. At juicebox we believe this is all much easier said than done. (We’re realists; we know change is hard and inconvenient.) For us, it’s about healthy lifestyle goals, but it’s about balance too.
Our 100% organic juice cleanse packages are a convenient way to help you start or further a healthier lifestyle. Our packages are flexible and designed for single or multiple days. Some people may choose to strictly drink juice all day, while others may want to incorporate raw plant-based foods, broths, teas, and dinner from juicebox while following our *juice until dinner* program.
As with all regime changes, please be mindful. Juicing and juice cleanses are not cure-alls; rather they are an effective method of detoxing and revitalizing your body.
Check out our Juice Cleanse FAQ below for more information about our juices and our cleanses. We can also be reached through our contact page, by email (email@example.com) or phone (206-607-7866) with any questions or concerns before you book your cleanse.
Didn't order your juice in time? No problem! We stock cold pressed juice for 1-3 day juice cleanses or single bottles packages at our cafe. We accommodate on a first come, first served basis so call as soon as you know you want to start your cleanse and our team can set aside juice for you.
- * All of our organic juices are made-to-order.
- * Each 16 ounce bottle contains the juice from approximately two and a half pounds of 100 % organic produce.
- * Our juice cleanses must be pre-ordered at least 48 hours in advance of the first morning you would like to begin your cleanse.
- * Cleanse pick-up at our Cafe is free. Otherwise, we deliver in the city of Seattle within a 5-mile radius of the Cafe. Please contact us beforehand if you live in Bellevue, Mercer Island or West Seattle for delivery options. Please note: a $15 delivery fee is charged for every three days of juice delivery. (A five-day cleanse requires two deliveries, so the delivery fee is $30.)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why juice?
- When is the last time you consumed two and a half pounds of produce in less than 15 minutes? Juicing is the most efficient way to infuse your body with fruits and vegetables by concentrating all the nutrients, vitamins, phytochemicals, enzymes, minerals and alkaline properties from large amounts of produce. Juicing alleviates the digestion process and speeds up the assimilation of the life-giving goodness found in fresh fruits and vegetables. When you consume juice, you’re giving your body a super dose of essential nutrition.
- Are your juices 100% organic?
- Yes. We beam with pride in telling you that our juices are 100% organic.
- Do you add anything extra to your juices?
- Nope. Our juices contain only fruits and vegetables and our nut milks contain raw almonds, local organic honey, and organic spices. We never add water or sugar to our juice. Never ever.
- How much produce will I be consuming?
- There are about two and a half pounds of produce in every 16 ounce cold-pressed juice.
- How long do the juices last?
- Because they are raw and unpasteurized, our juices are highly perishable and must be kept refrigerated. The juice stays fresh for three days from production date. Juices experience natural sedimentation, so always shake them before drinking for optimal flavor.
- What does "cold-pressed" mean?
- Cold pressing is a means of superior and efficient juice extraction that grinds the fruit or vegetable and then hydraulically presses it with two tons of pressure. There is no heat introduced in this process, which keeps the fruit or vegetable's nutrients intact and extracts every last ounce of juice.
- Why are juices/cleanses so pricey?!
- Our juices are 100% organic, raw, and contain two and a half pounds of produce in each bottle. (Think how much money it’d cost you to purchase two and half pounds of organic produce!) The process of cold pressing is timely, but ultimately worth the superior means of extraction to provide you with maximum health benefits in each bottle.
- Why cleanse?
- Cleansing is a great way to reset your mind and body to crave more fruits and vegetables. At juicebox, we do not believe cleansing is a fad diet or a quick fix to losing weight. We encourage juice to be part of your everyday routine.
- With your juice cleanse program, do I receive my juice all at once or every day?
- We either deliver or have you pick up your juices every third morning that you are on the cleanse. This ensures the juices' vitality as they are raw.
- Do I need to drink water during the cleanse?
- Drink PLENTY of water. Juice is not a substitute for water.
- How do I prepare?
- Three days before your cleanse we recommend omitting or decreasing your alcohol, caffeine, cigarette, and over-the-counter medication consumption. This will ease the detoxification process. If you have further questions, we have a resident nutritionist who would be happy to answer any of your concerns.
- Is cleansing for everyone?
- Yes. Most everyone can enjoy the health benefits of a juice cleanse. We do not recommend it if you are pregnant, elderly, or immune system compromised. We also do not recommend it for children. If you have a doctor or a naturopath that you trust, you should consider consulting them as well.
- In what order should I drink my juices on the cleanse?
- We think it is best to start with your green juice each morning. After that, it’s up to you. There is no right or wrong way to drink your juice.
- Should I refrigerate my juice?
- Yes. Please do.
- What type of juicer do you use?
- At the cafe we us a Nutrifaster centrifugal juicer—our favorite juicer for juices that will be consumed on-the-spot. For our bottled juices, we use a Norwalk juicer which presses as a means of extraction—this is better for bottled juices as this type of juicer does not introduce as much oxygen into the juice, thereby preserving more nutrients and offering a longer shelf life.
- Will I feel hungry?
- You may feel hungry, especially at first. Some people experience headaches and nausea due to the detoxification process. Each person is different. Overall, we’ve found that it is habits, more than hunger, that pose the greatest challenge. That said, feeling energetic and clear-minded are also common results. If you feel like you want to cheat (you might miss chewing; we're guilty of this too), it is best to eat radishes, raw almonds, a celery stick, or a light salad at dinner. And most importantly, don’t be extreme. If you eat a hot dog during your cleanse don’t beat yourself up over it. It’s not a contest. We'll forgive you.